« More Salt | Main | She's back home, running around and arguing with her sister - fingers still crossed.- And thanks for the messages! »

Going off line

Maybe away from the blog for a day or so - eldest daughter was rushed to hospital by ambulance this afternoon having gone from being normal to a seizure and respiratory failure in half an hour, seems to be getting better now.
Thank goodness for the staff at the sharp end of the NHS and modern medicine, but still a worrying time.

Update - they think it was a nasty Febrile Convulsion, hopefully coming home in the next twelve hours. Fingers crossed.


My prayers are with you, Tim. How dreadful! I hope they can determine the cause. I'll keep checking your blog until you get back.

Vaya con Dios!


Good luck, and if they should falter or stumble get her on an airplane over here!

Thoughts are with you and yours - hope she gets well soon.

Best of luck mate. My baby daughter had fits a couple of weeks ago and it was the most frightening thing that's ever happened to me. Chin up.

My prayers are with you and your family. I hope all's well.


I can only echo the above. Best Wishes...

Fingers & everything else crossed for you, Mrs Englishman & the nippers. Remember, kids are little survival machines.
Will raise a glass to a swift recovery this evening

There are many crossed fingers for a quick recovery down here in the Colonies. I've got the faithful retainers doing appropriate tribal dances as we speak.


Keep us informed. Our prayers are with you and yours.

I remember a couple of times dumping mine in a tub of cold water to bring down the fever when they were little.


Add my thoughts and prayers, as well. Please keep us updated.

Hope she's okay! I have a friend whose son used to get the fever seizures. He's fine now, if that's any consolation.

How terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hoping for her recovery.

My son had febrile convulsions when he was little,usually accompanying inner ear infections where you had no idea anything was wrong and then a fever would suddenly spike. We took several rushed trips to the hospital. He had the last one when he was 6 years old in 1980. :)

Praying for the best for all of you.

Suellen in Indiana

My son had that as a result of a reaction to a DPT shot. The doctor warned us it might happen about 10 days after the shot and it did.

The bad part was we hit an emergency room in Chicago with an MD in witch hunt mode. It was diagnosed as "Chronic untreated Pneumonia" triggering a massive investigation of our parenting skills. (A day later he had fully recovered.)

What really burned was the MD completely ignored my wife's explanation of the DPT shot, and perscribed treatment that the PDR explicitly said should NOT be used in this case.

Our Pediatrician wrote UNFOUNDED in large block letters diagonally across the whole form the nanny state folks said we had to have filled out.

Post a comment