50 Reasons to Love America
(A Repost for Independence Day - and also because I'm sure there are some more reasons to be added.)
Iain Dale's Diary: 50 Reasons to Love & Hate the EU and other upstanding bloggers have been fisking the Indy's 50 reasons to love the EU - they have done it far better than I ever could.
But as a reply I did start noting down 50 reasons why we should love the USA, but I have lost the notes - please could you help out in the comments as I try and recreate the list from my poor and failing memory.
1) Making English the international language.
2) Computers for all
3) Dodge Charger
4) Daisy Duke
5) Defeating Communism
6) Saving us in World Wars (twice)
7) Cheese Burgers
10) Pissing off the French
12) Skiing in Colorado
13) Rock and Roll
15) Marilyn Monroe
16) John Moses Browning
17) Keeping the flame of Capitalism alive
18) ditto free Speech
20) Did I mention pissing off the French?
21) The Atomic Bomb
23) Porn Stars who shave their armpits
24) Ronald Reagan