Climate Campaigner Handling Tips For Copenhagen
• To keep Climate Campaigners moving, make sure there’s always a clear way ahead.
• Climate Campaigners don’t like visual dead ends – they don’t move freely towards them.
• Arrange things so that they think they’re about to escape back to their home territory.
• For a dead end, put a mirror on the wall so the Climate Campaigners see a Climate Campaigner to move to for security.
• If you have to put Climate Campaigners along a handling race, pen a decoy Climate Campaigners at the far end to help pull them along.
• Make races narrow enough to prevent Climate Campaigners turning round and blocking the flow
• Make sure the sides of pens and races where you do most of the handling are closely boarded, so the Climate Campaigners cannot see through and get distracted.
• Advancing Climate Campaigners should not be able to see those following them, as they’ll stop then reverse, or try to turn round and block the flow.
• Climate Campaigners following each other should see Climate Campaigners moving ahead, preferably around a bend. Moving Climate Campaigners will generally "pull" the followers with them – once you’ve got a flow going.
• Climate Campaigners move best from dark into light, and generally dislike changes in light contrast.
• Climate Campaigners don’t like bright lights e.g. reflections from windows.
• Climate Campaigners really panic on slippery floors – so provide some grip.
• Climate Campaigners soon get adjusted to any noise used to move them – so keep changing the noise for effect.
• Changing it (or stopping it) will also help prevent the helpers going silly!
• Climate Campaigners remember past experiences. Run them through new facilities a few times and let them think they can escape before you subject them to any unpleasant procedures like ear tagging or shearing.
• If you have badly designed handling facilities that cannot be fixed – keep a "Judas" Climate Campaigner to lead the doubters through.
• To lead other Climate Campaigners into the truck, you can train a Judas Climate Campaigner with some pellets. Make sure the Judas Climate Campaigners isn’t accidentally loaded into the truck though! Cover it with raddle.
Hat tip Dr Clive Dalton