Council Parking Fine Mess
Islington Council (Case number 2070232277) heard by the Traffic Appeals Service between June and September 2007.
In this case Islington Council had not only issued a parking ticket to itself, but then pursued itself at the Parking Adjudicator and then asked for costs against itself! (To ask for costs the council must believe that it acted wholly unreasonably or vexatiously against itself!)
The decision of Mr. Adjudicator Gerald Styles on 13th September 2007 clearly points out that the council cannot sue itself but the fact that he clearly did not collapse laughing and managed to dictate his decision is a tribute to his professionalism.
The Royal Borough of Kingston (Case 2020054621) issued a parking ticket against a vehicle it had hired and not only pursued itself at the Parking Adjudicator but won its case and had to pay itself the parking ticket!
Tto take a case against itself to the Parking Adjudicator the council has to follow 14 separate steps to get to that stage and another 4 steps to ask for costs!!
1. Issue the parking ticket to itself.
2. Appealed to themselves.
3. Considered and refused the appeal.
4. Notified themselves that the appeal is refused.
5. Issued a Notice to Owner to itself.
6. Appealed against the Notice to Owner to itself
7. Considered and refused the appeal against the Notice to Owner
8. Refused the appeal and notified themselves that the appeal against the Notice to Owner is refused
9. Appealed to the parking adjudicator against their own refusal to cancel the parking ticket!
10. As appellants received notification from the parking adjudicator of the date and time of the hearing of the appeal.
11. As defendants received notification from the parking adjudicator of the date and time of the hearing of the appeal.
12. As defendants submitted any evidence to the parking adjudicator.
13. As appellants received decision of the parking adjudicator
14. As defendants received decision of the parking adjudicator.
15. As appellants applied for costs against itself to the parking adjudicator
16. As defendants received details of costs application by itself from parking adjudicator
17. As appellants received costs decision of the parking adjudicator
18. As defendants received costs received decision of the parking adjudicator.